These are the books I own about wheels and wheelbuilding. If you know of others, let me know.
- Barnett, John. Barnett’s Manual. Colorado Springs, Colorado. 8th edition 2012.
- Brandt, Jobst. The Bicycle Wheel. Palo Alto, California: Avocet. 3rd edition 1993.
- Musson, Roger. Professional Guide to Wheelbuilding. Preston, UK. 5th edition 2005.
- Schraner, Gerd. The Art of Wheelbuilding. Denver, Colorado: Buonpane Publications. 1999.
Brandt may be too scientific for introductory purposes. If you’re new to wheelbuilding, I recommend Musson as a first resource — inexpensive, approachable and remarkably complete. I built my first wheels using written guides so I think it’s practical and realistic.
RECENT TWEETS →
- If you obsess over bike geometry, check out this free, one-page bike modeling tool. So much going on, so thoughtful. https://t.co/VPxhM8W8qC6 days ago
- @CityOfVictoria @KieranCx @aplastic_planet @saveonfoods @PlasticPollutes Can I recommend a recycling program that u… https://t.co/JzFsHAOe0V41 days ago
- Minor FYI: @SpokeService will be closed from December 24 for the holidays, inventory and annual tool service. First… https://t.co/GgfoFh44qn46 days ago