Blog: Learning Resources
These are the books I own about wheels and wheelbuilding. If you know of others, let me know.
- Barnett, John. Barnett’s Manual. Colorado Springs, Colorado. 8th edition 2012.
- Brandt, Jobst. The Bicycle Wheel. Palo Alto, California: Avocet. 3rd edition 1993.
- Musson, Roger. Professional Guide to Wheelbuilding. Preston, UK. 5th edition 2005.
- Schraner, Gerd. The Art of Wheelbuilding. Denver, Colorado: Buonpane Publications. 1999.
Brandt is canon but may be too scientific for introductory purposes. If you’re new to wheelbuilding, I recommend Musson as a first resource — inexpensive, approachable and remarkably complete. I built my first wheels using written guides so I think it’s practical and realistic.
RECENT TWEETS →
- RT @BicyclingMag: "When I cross the finish line, people seem stunned." https://t.co/CQTtCBepUs45 days ago
- RT @bikesnobnyc: New @outsidemagazine column about how you should try building a wheel this winter instead of Zwifting. (Even though I kno…83 days ago
- Server going down for upgrades today. The wheelbuilding webapps and online store are both affected. Will be back in action later today.89 days ago