Blog: Learning Resources
These are the books I own about wheels and wheelbuilding. If you know of others, let me know.
- Barnett, John. Barnett’s Manual. Colorado Springs, Colorado. 8th edition 2012.
- Brandt, Jobst. The Bicycle Wheel. Palo Alto, California: Avocet. 3rd edition 1993.
- Musson, Roger. Professional Guide to Wheelbuilding. Preston, UK. 5th edition 2005.
- Schraner, Gerd. The Art of Wheelbuilding. Denver, Colorado: Buonpane Publications. 1999.
Brandt is canon but may be too scientific for introductory purposes. If you’re new to wheelbuilding, I recommend Musson as a first resource — inexpensive, approachable and remarkably complete. I built my first wheels using written guides so I think it’s practical and realistic.
RECENT TWEETS →
- RT @turkjr19: New hoop, new hub and spokes from @spokeservice just in time for the long weekend. https://t.co/IzMoyNLfPV11 days ago
- RT @Cyclopunk: Born on this day in 1944: Sheldon Brown - the bicycle mechanic whose vast website remains 12 years after his death probably…28 days ago
- RT @BrentToderian: A bike-lane moved 2.5X as many people as a regular traffic lane in a @TFL study, & given that they are half the width, t…42 days ago