Everyone is welcome to use my calculator and I welcome your feedback. If nothing else I think the interface on my calculator is a little better. At least it’s easy to find, doesn’t make you choose languages, acknowledge legal disclaimers and keep track of popup windows.
Blog: February, 2013
It’s not too controversial to say experience matters. While that’s true I think experience without theory isn’t the path to mastery. I’m keen to read every wheelbuilding reference in print. So far:
- Barnett, John. Barnett’s Manual. Colorado Springs, Colorado. 8th edition 2012.
- Brandt, Jobst. The Bicycle Wheel. Palo Alto, California: Avocet. 3rd edition 1993.
- Musson, Roger. Professional Guide to Wheelbuilding. Preston, UK. 5th edition 2005.
- Schraner, Gerd. The Art of Wheelbuilding. Denver, Colorado: Buonpane Publications. 1999.
If you know of others, please let me know. If you’re new to wheelbuilding, I recommend the Musson text as a first resource — it’s inexpensive and approachable for newbies.
RECENT TWEETS →
- @CityOfVictoria @KieranCx @aplastic_planet @saveonfoods @PlasticPollutes Can I recommend a recycling program that u… https://t.co/JzFsHAOe0V2 days ago
- Minor FYI: @SpokeService will be closed from December 24 for the holidays, inventory and annual tool service. First… https://t.co/GgfoFh44qn7 days ago
- In local news... https://t.co/NTn9VBnLD425 days ago