These are the books I own about wheels and wheelbuilding. If you know of others, let me know.
- Barnett, John. Barnett’s Manual. Colorado Springs, Colorado. 8th edition 2012.
- Brandt, Jobst. The Bicycle Wheel. Palo Alto, California: Avocet. 3rd edition 1993.
- Musson, Roger. Professional Guide to Wheelbuilding. Preston, UK. 5th edition 2005.
- Schraner, Gerd. The Art of Wheelbuilding. Denver, Colorado: Buonpane Publications. 1999.
Brandt may be too scientific for introductory purposes. If you’re new to wheelbuilding, I recommend Musson as a first resource — inexpensive, approachable and remarkably complete. I built my first wheels using written guides so I think it’s practical and realistic.
RECENT TWEETS →
- Ric Hjertberg from Wheel Fanatyk visited the shop earlier this month and wrote a blog about my spoke cutting setup. https://t.co/K8pma5AmtS4 days ago
- VanIsle cycling protip: when a deer crosses your path, look in the opposite direction for another deer about to run into you. #yyjbike69 days ago
- Updates to software for wheelbuilders published today and a reminder that bug reports and feature request are welco… https://t.co/r4zlEkwSbx84 days ago