Blog: Learning Resources
These are the books I own about wheels and wheelbuilding. If you know of others, let me know.
- Barnett, John. Barnett’s Manual. Colorado Springs, Colorado. 8th edition 2012.
- Brandt, Jobst. The Bicycle Wheel. Palo Alto, California: Avocet. 3rd edition 1993.
- Musson, Roger. Professional Guide to Wheelbuilding. Preston, UK. 5th edition 2005.
- Schraner, Gerd. The Art of Wheelbuilding. Denver, Colorado: Buonpane Publications. 1999.
Brandt may be too scientific for introductory purposes. If you’re new to wheelbuilding, I recommend Musson as a first resource — inexpensive, approachable and remarkably complete. I built my first wheels using written guides so I think it’s practical and realistic.
RECENT TWEETS →
- Good read on wheel stiffness with experimental results. Unintuitive facts like spoke tension and stiffness are not… https://t.co/evhWQhD2qg4 days ago
- @lisahelps @theradcyclist This makes sense. I would extend it to bikes generally. And we should immediately elimina… https://t.co/bn90LHZRGF4 days ago
- Motorcycle and cycling sports federations both claim ownership of new motor mountain bike discipline. https://t.co/97yqmQOmpH49 days ago